On Thursday, March 14th 2024, we will delve into challenging ESG topics during this in-depth training day together with special guest speakers from S&P Global, Coca-Cola HBC and Sanofi. Based on S&P Global’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA), the training discusses expected standards and best practices with a focus on materiality, climate strategy, and supply chain management, and we’ll get first-hand insights to the CSA timeline and methodology changes for 2024. CSA scores are among the key factors considered for determining eligibility of companies for potential inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). The event’s intimate setting also provides a great opportunity for exchanging with fellow ESG specialists at leading companies across Europe.
What you need to know
• Audience: Senior managers in areas including sustainability, ESG, reporting and investor relations
• Training: Thursday 14 March 2024, 8:30-17:00, MeetBerlage, Oudebrugsteeg 9, Amsterdam (5-minute walk from central station)
• Networking dinner: Wednesday 13 March 2024, 18:00-22:00, Restaurant I-Dock, IJdok 4, Amsterdam (10-minute walk from central station)
• Rate: € 1,645,- per person (excl. VAT for the training including dinner).
Additional participants from the same company can benefit from a 50% rate reduction.
Strengthening ESG performance by managing material business impacts
Central theme of the day is managing material business impacts. The basis is formed by Materiality, one of the key criteria in the CSA that underwent challenging updates during the 2023 assessment. Additionally, we will deepdive into Climate Strategy and Supply Chain Management, continuous priorities in addressing value chain impacts and, again, challenging CSA topics.
- In the training, you'll hear from our special guest speakers from S&P Global Sustainable1. Lim Adriaenssens, Manager Sustainability Benchmarking, and Giacomo Paolelli, Sustainability Benchmarking Specialist, will dive deeper into the three respective topics, highlighting the common challenges that companies are facing, and explaining what is expected as best practice. Furthermore, they will provide an outlook to the CSA 2024 timeline and upcoming methodology changes.
- Marinela Paida, Head of Indirect Procurement Corporate, Digital & Sustainability at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (HBC) will present her company’s approach to managing ESG risks and opportunities in the supply chain. Coca-Cola HBC is member of the DJSI World and DJSI Europe, and as of January 2024, has the highest CSA score out of 97 companies assessed in the Beverages industry.
- Louisa Kuhme, ESG Performance Lead at Sanofi, global healthcare and pharmaceutical company included in DJSI World and DJSI Europe, will share the company’s recent Double Materiality assessment and how she balances ESG rating and extrafinancial reporting duties while preparing for the CSRD.
- Finally, there will be an interactive Double Materiality workshop facilitated by Finch & Beak’s Nicolas de Toledo. As many companies prepare for CSRD-compliance, double materiality assessments are high on the agenda but how do companies make sure to reconcile their material impacts with the business strategy? This session discusses the topic and provides practical recommendations for your double materiality assessment.
More information about the training program and speakers is available in the downloadable brochure at the top of the page. The event’s intimate scale of max. 50 participants provides a great opportunity for exchanging with fellow ESG practitioners at leading companies across Europe, and with our speakers.
Impressions from the CSA Expert Training 2023
What you will get out of participating in the CSA Expert Training:
- Direct insights from S&P Global on the rationale and expected practices on key criteria in the CSA
- Best practice learnings from hands-on supply chain management & sustainable sourcing approach from leading companies Coca-Cola HBC and Sanofi
- Deepening knowledge on the CSA and ESG ratings, how to approach the reporting process and engage with internal stakeholders
- Better understanding of double materiality principle, its strategic implications, and practical recommendations for your double materiality assessment
- Opportunity for networking with fellow ESG practitioners and with our expert speakers.
Comments from participants from our CSA Expert Training 2023:
“I thoroughly enjoyed the insights and guidance on the selected topics of the CSA. The Expert analysis will be very helpful in the process for completing the CSA in 2023 and going forward”
“I found the training incredibly informative. It has opened my eyes to the possibilities I can take back to the business to help fill some of our reporting gaps”
“Very good presenters and interesting topics. I learned a lot and it was very useful to understand the assessment criteria and rationale behind.”
Register today to book your seat
This training presents an excellent opportunity for efficient executive education on the improving ESG performance. Since there are limited seats available, register now and reserve your seat via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you in Amsterdam!